Friday, September 15, 2006

Oh No, I'm Sick!

Well, the past few days McKayla has been very congested at night. We've had to wake her up to plunge her nose every night since Wednesday. She seem to been fine during the day and has not been running a fever at all. It is only at night that she is having a problems breathing and we feel so bad.

So, today (Friday) I called and got her an appointment to see the doctor just to make sure she was not too sick. I thought it might be because of her teething or maybe she has allergies. And sure enough the doctor said she has a little cold. I also asked him about her eyes watering sometime and he said that their eye ducts can get plugged easily and until they get bigger they may water from time to time. And for now he said that it is not allergies and not to worry about them watering. Which I'm glad that so far she doesn't have allergies like her dad does. So he sent us home with some cold medicine since she is close enough to six months he said she could take a small dose.

While we were at the doctors office I got to find out how big her has gotten over the past month. So here's the scoop, she weighs 13 lbs 10 oz. and she is now 24" long. Although she has grown since last month she still is not very high percentage wise. Only 45th percent in weight and 35th in length which is up from last time,which was only 25th percent in length. Anyway maybe there still is a chance that she will take after dad and be taller then 5'.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, she's just a little over 2 lbs. heavier than our baby, Lili (our cat). We had the same thing with Lili when she was little... snotty nose, goopy eyes. :)

How fast they grow!

Annie said...

Is the little piggly wiggly all better this week? Lots of love and kisses!!!

mkdesign said...

McKayla is finally getting better since the doc put her medicine. She has a sinus infection and it should hopefully be cleared up this week. She has grown though since her last visit. Now she is 14lbs 4oz and 24.5", maybe there is hope after all.